2011/05/19

Shedding light on the Shed

I have shown the before and after pix of the inside of the Quilt Shed, so I thought it might be nice to show some exterior pix. As you can see, the Quilt Shed is named the Quilt Shed, because it was just a shed when I bought the house and 3.68 acres.  You might say the shed was a reason, if not the reason I wanted to buy this place so badly! :?}  The painting took two years...simply because I do not always finish what I begin in a timely manner.  The man of the house took pity on the Shed last summer and completed my painting project. 
The decorations have increased with the years (5) since I moved in. First came the 'Quilt Shed Rules'. 
It has been fun through the years finding yard sticks at yard sales to add to my collection. Many were 'gifts' given by fabric stores to customers as a form of advertising.  This is a give-away regarding my age, as this hasn't been the practice for quite some years now...
     The South Wall has wire 'trees' (post-Christmas sale on these giant card display holders) and flowers (they were decorating dollar store shepherds hooks, but broke off, so onto the wall they went!) And the sun clock was purchased as simple clay pottery (orange, like the clay pots we all have)
     I was afraid the rain would eventually deteriorate it, so I got into a decorate-the-clock mood and painted it up dude-fancy!
     And for the finale, the NW corner sports my childhood favorite, a Bleeding Heart bush, and of course 3 out of 4 corners of the shed have bird feeders. We do love feeding the birds around here!
     In the shade around the corner are 2 small flower beds, 3 colors of trumpet vines climbing a large trellis, a bird house with bird family in it, a bench and a small water fountain. My cool, quiet corner...
     Needless to say, I am spoiled rotten to have my shed and all this beauty and pines and breezes and peacefulness. The ultimate in creative atmosphere and ample space. :?}  I am truly grateful!

2 comments:

  1. You have a BEAUTIFUL Studio....I have an old metal shed but it hides all my hubby's tools that he never uses! LOL Oh how I would love to convert it into something gorgeous like your quilt shed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now... hmmm... shed full of unused tools. :?} If you were to decorate the outside of the shed with the tools, that would free up the interior for 'better' use- studio! Just a thought, and don't tell your hubby where I live, if he doesn't think that is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete