2016/02/24

Hello, again, after a long winter! We closed our yarn shop and became 'retired'. I still can't stop spinning yarns, knitting, crocheting-retirement is exhausting!
I am also revamping this blog beginning with the Title. My quilting has waned and my artistic outlets include so much more than that!

I dye and spin.
Polwarth organic wool roving.
Hand dyed silk hankies.


And weave.

Julie, my weaving mentor, wove the background and I am making a dimensional art piece upon it.
My first woven shawl. Very, very happy with it!
A woven scarf commission. 'Metrosexual' was the desired flavor he asked for.

Knit 
 
My latest phase craze is BIG needle knitting.

And crochet.
I do cutesy sometimes...

 
And learn new stitches like waffle weave and wave...
I still needle felt now and then, and long to return to making the thread flower pictures. I want to get back to thread painting as well. I have crazy quilt blocks all prepared, sitting there staring at me until I get started again. There are quilt tops to be completed or repaired. There is purging to accomplish. Balancing what I SHOULD do with what I WANT to do is the whole trick! So, off this computer and back to dishes? 
I don't think so...











No comments:

Post a Comment