2011/01/09

Iris (in progress)

I am still practicing away at thread painting. I see great improvement every time I try, and watching a few online tutorials didn't hurt either! :?} I recently taught a couple friends the old tried and true watercolor method of quilting. One tried it, made a pretty baby quilt, and will probably never fool with that style again. The other, well, she has the soul of an artist and is off and running! Her first little wall quilt has the watercolor background and then she appliqued grasses and a white iris onto that background. Incredible first quilt!!! So, I HAD to try an iris and see what I could do. Here is that attempt so far. I have more to 'paint' but want to do that as a way to put it on the background, so there is a 1/8 inch trim left visible at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment