2012/02/15

2012 International Quilt Festival of Ireland

I had the honor of receiving an email from the above titled quilt festival asking if I would be interested in sending some of my work. You bet! And when I had 'run around' the site advertising all that will be offered the Quilted Garden really caught my imagination! Below is a creation that I will send to be included in the garden, then donated to charity. ANY one that wants to create quilted flora and fauna, according to the info page, may send their donation in. Are you feeling creative? Go for it! I plan to do a demure quilted frog, and an over-the-top huge butterfly. Art quilting is all about no rules, sky's the limit, and it is the venue I thrive in creatively.  Here is the link, if you want to read about all the interesting and unique categories they will feature. www.IQFOI.com
Hydrangea for the Quilted Garden
 I will be placing a tutorial on here tomorrow. Check back if you think you would like to build your own hydrangea!

No comments:

Post a Comment