2011/07/30

From 'placemat' to art!

 I finally am getting around to transforming my Four Seasons from 'placemats' (a gentleman customer wanted to know if that is what they were) into wall art. Summer Blues got willow branches tied with yellow grosgrain ribbons and stretched with 'spider webs' to join it to the frame (invisible thread artfully placed). Sold.
 Winter Silence got willow branches and snow ball wire to simulate falling snow. The picture tells me I may have gone overboard with the snow... I can fix that! I will add Fall and Spring as soon as they are finished, which is almost! Available for sale.

2 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea! These look so great suspended this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to frame small pieces of art! Isn't invisible thread just wonderful?

    ReplyDelete