2012/07/09

Scorching weather and www.

I became a regular 'pioneer woman' last night when the power went out for about 5 hours...lit the kerosene lamp and spun yarn by the yard by lamplight. But, my oh my, did we miss the AC!!! Brought back memories of childhood, of laying on the top bunk bed inches from the ceiling, feeling the trickle, drip, drip, prickle of sweat soaking my Buster Brown T and undies. Do not miss 'the good ol' days... and it may just be a coincidence, but the top page views on my blog yesterday and today have been ice dyeing and snowmen! :?}
Every morning I check my blog stats to see where in the world has been to visit. I am still amazed and thrilled how the world is so huge physically and so small thanks to the www. A few of my newer visitors are from India, Thailand, Ghana and Italy. Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a wonderful day. I will be trying not to melt...

3 comments:

  1. I feel for you girl! I remember as a kid, my bed by a window praying for a breeze in the hot east Texas home of my grandma. Here in WV I was out for 4 days and it was 100 degrees. I love AC but in a pinch girl we can survive without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go :) Yeah, don't you love the connectiveness of BlogLand for quilting and other creative pursuits?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found it 'interesting' that it is too hot to cook, to clean, or organize the quilt shed...but it is just fine to card and spin wool. Hmmmm, curiouser and curiouser...

    ReplyDelete