2013/03/12

Rustic Box, Rustic Wool

I continually look for 'good deals' on fiber new to me...I want to try everything at least once, so I know what I am talking about! My latest purchase is Perendale/Romney blend, advertised as a great fiber for beginning spinners and for felting. I will buy more for felting, because I had too much fun spinning these fibers. They spin into an appealingly rustic looking yarn, which inspired the packaging I chose to showcase them.
I love the wonderful 'chain of events' that can spark my creativity. In this case, a friend of mine, has a friend of his, who has a simple sawmill set up where he makes planks for projects (or something!). He gives all his odds and ends to my friend, who saws them into even smaller bits, then uses them for kindling for his work shop stove. He has the loveliest stack of artistic firewood right outside his garage. Lindy lusted for those bark encrusted bits of wood. He generously let me paw through the pile. And here is the end result!

Pretty cool!
And the pin cushion creation shows no immediate signs of slowing down, let alone stopping. Here are the latest two.

Thanks for looking. Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment