2012/05/11

Turn of events...Intriguing

Well, well...life continues to be intriguing. I had not shared publicly yet on this blog, because I am guest blogging on Quilting Gallery and Michele will publish my next (and last) guest blog sometime in May, that our dream year in Scotland is not happening. Our Visas were denied. That is 'intriguing' #1.
Intriguing #2? Two weeks ago my DH and I spent 3 hours in the emergency room while they tried to figure out why he was feeling the way he was. Best guess, 90% sure, was a mini-stroke/TIA. He was put on a strong blood thinner, which makes him have headaches. We are waiting for a scheduled appointment to scan his carotid arteries. Then an MRI...
So, intriguing #3 is DH's retirement date has suddenly been moved to 'effective immediately'. Things feel a little shaky, a bit uncertain, though we know life is life and we will adjust and be fine. He still wants me to pursue my art and business. He is so supportive in that way!
Intriguing #4 is the need for the house to sell NOW so we may move closer to family and medical services and into housing we can afford. 
So, since I don't get to sit in a Gilda Baron class in Missenden Abbey, or a Jill Kennedy class, or Angie Hughes or Myfanwy Hart...I bought their DVDs from Colouricious and will play from there.
Onward and upward!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your husband is having health problems. Life is life but it is still diappointing. Better to find out before going something is wrong than being by yourself faraway to take care of your husband alone. I will be praying for your family. Your art is beautiful and your very talented. So don't loose hope and keep creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa. You are a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete