2012/05/03

"What if?"

I am in the process of playing "What if?" When I first came across the simple instructions for thread flowers, I hadn't yet found the instructions for thread leaves. When I did, I thought, "What if I put them together?" 
At first I only had a single layer/flower head. Then I thought, "What if I put on another, and then perhaps a third, as center?"
When I decided to use clothesline cording for the stems I bought what  found. Later I discovered that the cording comes in at least two sizes! Eureka! Great for big flowers and little flowers!
I originally used fabric to wrap the stems, but Sunny Days (below) seemed to call for a little more bling...so, I used satin ribbon.
This week I thought, what if I add beads? Just what sun flowers needed!
Who knows what my next 'what if' will be...but that is how we learn and grow. Try 'what if-fing' your current obsession and see where it leads you!
Sunny Days

2 comments:

  1. Love your sunflowers , I have always loved sunflowers and these look great . I had a look around your blog and love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for 'stopping in' and for your kind words! Every time I look at the sunflowers I am tugged back out to the quilt shed to make a couple more! They are so happy!

    ReplyDelete