2013/01/18

UFO Surprises Me!

Dragging my feet, I half-hardheartedly pulled the Mother Goose Rhymes UFO out of its storage bag. Low and behold, it was already pieced into panels!  Good job, Lindy! I must have done that much at art camp 2 years ago! Definitely perked my interest up in finishing it.
And I do remember planning to make 2 separate quilts from all the rows, then thought I would make a two sided quilt, because the 2 panels together were so TALL! And skinny...that is how I got the original thought of making Hickory Dickory Dock panel to go the whole height and widen the quilt. Now that I have re-opened this Pandora's Box I think I like that option the best. Let it be huge!
So, by the end of next week the goal is to build the clock. Once that is done it is just a matter of completing the top, quilting and binding it and put a pocket on the back to hold a Mother Goose Rhymes book from when my children were small. Since they are in their 30's now, that makes the book a 'collectible'!
Yay! It's a great start to the day! Have a good one yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment